ANNOUNCEMENT: Curtis Park Fuel Center Conditional Use Permit Application will be reviewed at the Planning Commission’s Public Hearing on May 14, 5:30pm
CURTIS PARK VILLAGE FUEL CENTER PROJECT
The City of Sacramento Planning and Design Commission is scheduled to hear the Conditional Use Permit application for the Curtis Park Village Fuel Center on Thursday, May 14. If you would like to comment in a public forum, this is your opportunity.
Planning and Design Commission Meeting
Thursday, May 14, 2015
New City Hall
915 I Street, 1st Floor
For information and documents related to the proposed Fuel Center and SCNA’s position, visit sierra2.org.
You can also contact Antonio Ablog, Community Development Department, 808-7702, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to project P14-036.
City of Sacramento is looking for volunteers to help with William Curtis Park project this Saturday, 3/28, 8:30am-12pm
Curtis Park clean up Volunteer opportunity
This Saturday, March 28th, 2015 at William Curtis Park. We will be spreading out DG (decomposed granite) along the jogging path and leveling it out around the entire park. We may also be removing weeds as needed. We will be there from 8:30 am-12 pm or until done. We need volunteers to help!
Please RSVP for either event by emailing me attending followed by the park name , date and time you can volunteer. Thank you!
City of Sacramento, Department of Parks and Recreation
5370 24th Street Building 12
Sacramento, CA 95822
Park Maintenance Worker
Interim Volunteer Coordinator
SCNA submits Additional letter to the City regarding the proposed Fuel Center in Curtis Park Village
Click here to view the additional letter submitted 2/26/15 to the City opposing the fuel center in Curtis Park Village.
Questions and concerns can be sent to email@example.com
SCNA’s Neighborhood Concerns Committee Meeting Announcement: Wed., 2/25, 7pm in the Garden Room at Sierra 2 Center
Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association
Neighborhood Concerns Committee Meeting
February 25th, 2015
7:00 pm in the Garden Room at the Sierra 2 Center, 2791 24th Street
- Guest Speaker: Katie Valenzuela Garcia with Breathe California of Sacramento. Ms. Garcia will speak about a Cap and Trade Forum they are holding in May. She states:
” Breathe CA is working with a coalition of folks interested in developing better partnerships with local neighborhoods so we can collectively promote cleaner air and healthier communities. We will be hosting a Cap and Trade Forum on Thursday, May 7th from 6:00-8:00pm at the Guild Theatre, and want to use this opportunity both to inform folks about Cap and Trade as well as to start a conversation about neighborhood priorities. What are the biggest needs in your community? What do you want your neighborhood to look like in the future?”
2. City of Sacramento changing streets to Level of Service F: Update on SCNA letter to City on LOS F changes.
3. Update on changes to City of Sacramento Tree Ordinance.
4 . William Curtis Park Clean up Day Saturday, March 14th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association has adopted William Curtis Park through the City of Sacramento’s Partners in Parks Adopt-a-Park program. On March 14th, we are asking for neighborhood volunteers to help us clean up around the tennis courts and children’s playground. We will rake leaves, pick up fallen branches and clean the flower beds. Please bring your own gloves and wear hard shoes. Please contact NCC@sierra2.org to let us know you will be there or if you have any questions.
- NCC Budget Development Timeline for Fiscal Year 2016
We need to start roughing out our NCC budget. We need to submit our first draft for the April 8th Board meeting.
6. We will elect the NCC chair(s) for 2015.
SCNA submitted the attached letter to Councilman Schenirer and the City Council in response to the Curtis Park Village survey that was distributed by PDC recently.
To view summary results, go to Curtisparkcharacter.blogspot.com
A presentation of the full survey results will be conducted by students from Sacramento State University at Sierra 2 Center in Curtis Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 17, at 6:30pm.
2791 24th Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
City Councilmember Jay Schenirer and SCNA to co-host a Curtis Park Village Community Meeting, Wed., 1/28/15
Please join Councilmember Jay Schenirer and the Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association for a robust discussion of Curtis Park Village on January 28 at the Sierra 2 Center’s Curtis Hall, with special attention being paid to the proposed fuel center on Crocker Drive.
Scheduled to speak and answer questions are representatives from the city of Sacramento, Petrovich Development, Safeway and possibly other organizations.
The meeting will start at 7pm, and light refreshments will be provided.
Sierra 2 Center for the Arts & Community
2791 24th St
Sacramento, CA 95818
SCNA’s Neighborhood Concerns Committee will meet on Wednesday, 12/3, 7pm, in the Garden Room at Sierra 2 Center
The Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association’s Neighborhood Concern Committee will hold it’s last meeting of the year on Wednesday, December 3rd at 7:00 pm in the Garden Room at the Sierra 2 Center.
On the agenda:
- Updates on the Curtis Park Village project.
- Asking the city to study bike access improvements.
- Status of the palm tree issue at 21st Street and 2nd Avenue. 3 palm trees were slated to be cut down but after an appeal by SCNA, they are still standing. We will have an update.
- Adopt-a-park clean-up days for 2015. We will have a general clean up day for William Cutis Park in the spring. Also there are many depressions and holes throughout the park that need to be filled in with dirt. We will work with Parks and Rec and neighborhood volunteers to address this problem.
- The city is finally installing new drinking fountains in William Curtis Park. New dedicated water lines are being connected and at least one of the fountains will have a dog dish at the base.