Fall/Winter Citywide Loose-in-the-Street Yard Waste Collection Begins
|DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES
SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING DIVISION
|CITY OF SACRAMENTO
|2812 MEADOWVIEW RD
SACRAMENTO, CA 95832
Contact: Erin Treadwell
916-808-4934 or 916-996-3699
Release: October 17, 2012
Fall/Winter Citywide Loose-in-the-Street Yard Waste
Citywide Loose-in-the-Street yard waste collection will begin the week of October 22, 2012 and continue through the week of January 14, 2013. Pickup will occur, on average, every other week during the peak leaf season.
Solid Waste and Recycling Division crews will begin moving through the city, by zones, starting October 22, 2012. Residents can find out when crews are scheduled to be in their neighborhood by calling 311 or by using an online map – updated daily – on the City’s website at www.cityofsacramento.org/yardwaste.
- Yard waste containers will continue to be picked up weekly on regularly scheduled collection days. Container customers should continue to use their container weekly, in addition to the Fall/Winter Loose-in-the-Street service.
- Loose-in-the-Street pickup typically will not occur on a customer’s regularly scheduled garbage/recycle collection day. Residents can use the online map to find out their next projected service date.
- Projected dates shown on the map can change up to 12 hours before pickup, based on weather, equipment availability, and the amount of material to be collected.
- Weather has a significant impact on Loose-in-the-Street service. Crews work rain or shine six-days-a-week, including holidays, and stormy weather can slow down collection.
- Daily service needs may change and are unpredictable. Crews do not know from day-to-day the volume of material they will need to remove until they are on city streets. Days with high volume piles in one zone may impact the speed of clearing a neighborhood and moving to the next neighborhood.
The citywide Fall/Winter Loose-in-the-Street collection includes curbside holiday tree pickup. The last day trees can be placed out for pickup is 6:00 a.m. on Monday, January 14, 2013. Trees should be clean of all lights, tinsel, decorations etc. and have no stand attached. Flocked trees will be accepted.