SCNA’s Neighborhood Concerns Committee Meeting Announcement: Wed., 2/25, 7pm in the Garden Room at Sierra 2 Center
Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association
Neighborhood Concerns Committee Meeting
February 25th, 2015
7:00 pm in the Garden Room at the Sierra 2 Center, 2791 24th Street
- Guest Speaker: Katie Valenzuela Garcia with Breathe California of Sacramento. Ms. Garcia will speak about a Cap and Trade Forum they are holding in May. She states:
” Breathe CA is working with a coalition of folks interested in developing better partnerships with local neighborhoods so we can collectively promote cleaner air and healthier communities. We will be hosting a Cap and Trade Forum on Thursday, May 7th from 6:00-8:00pm at the Guild Theatre, and want to use this opportunity both to inform folks about Cap and Trade as well as to start a conversation about neighborhood priorities. What are the biggest needs in your community? What do you want your neighborhood to look like in the future?”
2. City of Sacramento changing streets to Level of Service F: Update on SCNA letter to City on LOS F changes.
3. Update on changes to City of Sacramento Tree Ordinance.
4 . William Curtis Park Clean up Day Saturday, March 14th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The Sierra Curtis Neighborhood Association has adopted William Curtis Park through the City of Sacramento’s Partners in Parks Adopt-a-Park program. On March 14th, we are asking for neighborhood volunteers to help us clean up around the tennis courts and children’s playground. We will rake leaves, pick up fallen branches and clean the flower beds. Please bring your own gloves and wear hard shoes. Please contact NCC@sierra2.org to let us know you will be there or if you have any questions.
- NCC Budget Development Timeline for Fiscal Year 2016
We need to start roughing out our NCC budget. We need to submit our first draft for the April 8th Board meeting.
6. We will elect the NCC chair(s) for 2015.